Изменить размер шрифта

Правила форума

Если у вас есть что предложить по работе этого форума, открывайте здесь тему и вносите свои предложения. Участие в обсуждении предложений может принять каждый зарегистрированный пользователь форума.

Новая темаКомментировать Страница 1 из 1   [ 1 сообщение ]
Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Adrian Sampson dreamed of pitching at Safeco Field
СообщениеДобавлено: 31 янв 2019, 17:39 
казак
казак

Growing up in the Seattle area Jake Lamb Jersey , The Texas Rangers’ right-hander will finally get his much-delayed chance Saturday night against the Mariners.“I’m excited about it,” the 26-year-old Sampson told MLB.com. “When I get out there, I just need to put blinders on, but that’s how I have been pitching lately, with tunnel vision. It is my last start and this has been a good year. To culminate the whole year by pitching here is pretty special.”Article continues below ...Just how special?Sampson, who starred at Skyline High School in the Seattle suburb of Sammamish and at nearby Bellevue Community College, was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the fifth round in 2012. He was traded to the Mariners on July 31, 2015, for left-hander J.A. Happ.He was called up by Seattle the following June and made his major-league debut with a start at Boston’s Fenway Park.Five days later, he took the mound at Detroit’s Comerica Park. But while throwing his second-to-last warmup pitch before the first inning http://www.diamondbacksfanproshop.com/authentic-robbie-ray-jersey , Sampson felt tingling in his right elbow.The diagnosis was a torn flexor tendon muscle.“I feel terrible for him,” Mariners manager Scott Servais said at the time. “I really do. He was really excited to get to the big leagues. He’s worked his tail off, and he was playing for the hometown team.”The Rangers claimed him off waivers after the 2016 season and Sampson missed most of 2017 following surgery. After going 8-4 with a 3.77 ERA at Triple-A Round Rock, Sampson received a September call-up.Sampson (0-2, 4.96 ERA) had made four appearances this month, including three starts.“I’d say I’m a little better at this point in all aspects,” Sampson told The Dallas Morning News on whether he’s back to his pre-injury level. “Not just physically but mentally, too. I feel like I’m back and ready to compete at the major-league level.”Sampson, who is still seeking his first major-league victory, will be opposed by Mariners ace James Paxton (11-6 Jeff Mathis Jersey , 3.85). The left-hander is 2-4 with a 4.98 ERA in 12 career starts against Texas, and that includes an 0-0 record and 7.00 ERA in two starts against the Rangers this year.“I’m real happy getting another opportunity to pitch this year,” Paxton told MLB.com. “I’ll just continue to work and try to find that rhythm and sharpness that I want and feel good going into the offseason.”Paxton is one strikeout shy of becoming the sixth Mariners pitcher to reach 200 in a season. Randy Johnson accomplished the feat seven times, Felix Hernandez six, Mark Langston four and Floyd Bannister and Erik Hanson once each.And what will Sampson be looking for?“As long as I make it through warmups, I’m happy,” he told The Morning News. “In rehab I got to a point where I had to just get through that and not worry about it. I had to just think about getting to where every five days I could just go to work. I think mentally I’ve gotten through that.” TORONTO (AP) — Canadian prosecutors dropped a domestic assault charge on Tuesday against Houston Astros closer Roberto Osuna, who agreed to stay away from the alleged victim for one year and continue counseling.Osuna, formerly with the Toronto Blue Jays, was charged with assault in May. The 23-year-old player was suspended without pay for 75 games for violating Major League Baseball’s domestic violence policy http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , and the Blue Jays dealt him to Houston on July 30.Speaking in court, prosecutor Catherine Mullaly said the complainant, who lives in Mexico, had made clear she would not travel to Toronto to testify against Osuna.“The Crown does not have a reasonable prospect of conviction on this charge absent her testimony,” Mullaly told Judge Melvyn Green.Osuna nodded when Green asked if he understood the agreement, known as a “peace bond.”“Now I can begin to put these allegations behind me and focus on baseball,” Osuna said in a statement. “I am grateful to the Astros for providing me with the opportunity to play baseball and compete for a World Series championship.”He said he would have no further comment on the matter, declining to address reporters for a second straight day before Tuesday’s game against the Blue Jays, citing advice from his attorney.Osuna’s attorney, Domenic Basile Babe Ruth Jersey , had said his client was remorseful but planned to plead not guilty had the matter gone to trial.“I wish to make it clear that this is not an admission of criminal or civil liability,” Basile said Tuesday. “He is content to enter into the peace bond (and) is aware of the conditions and will abide by the conditions.”At Rogers Centre on Tuesday, Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow acknowledged that Osuna’s case had been “a distraction for everybody” since the closer was acquired from Toronto.“You never know how a legal case is going to get resolved,” Luhnow said. “We’re thankful it’s behind us now and we can focus on what’s ahead.”Houston, the reigning World Series champion, is on the brink of its second straight AL West title and a second straight 100-win season. Monday’s win moved the Astros to 99-57, and their magic number to clinch the division is two.Osuna was met with boos when the Astros beat the Blue Jays in Toronto on Monday. The Astros have said they would not tolerate another incident involving their closer and that the organization is committed to supporting victims of domestic violence.

Новая темаКомментировать Страница 1 из 1   [ 1 сообщение ]