Изменить размер шрифта

Правила форума

Если у вас есть что предложить по работе этого форума, открывайте здесь тему и вносите свои предложения. Участие в обсуждении предложений может принять каждый зарегистрированный пользователь форума.

Новая темаКомментировать Страница 1 из 1   [ 1 сообщение ]
Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: The Washington Nationals need starting pitchers
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 янв 2019, 11:01 
казак
казак

WASHINGTON (AP) — beyond Max Scherzer to excel if they’re going to make a run at the Phillies and Braves in the NL East.Count Tanner Roark in.Matt Wieters homered to back Roark http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-carl-yastrzemski-jersey , who went seven innings to win his third straight start, and the Nationals defeated the Cincinnati Reds 2-1 on Sunday.The Nationals took three of four from the Reds and have won eight of 11 overall with the second-place Braves coming to town for a four-game series beginning Tuesday.“They’re fighting, they’re hitting, they’re pitching. They’re doing everything right,” Washington manager Dave Martinez said of his team. “So, let’s keep it going.”Roark (6-12) allowed a run on seven singles and got a nice ovation when he made a diving stop on Billy Hamilton’s comebacker to end the seventh.Leading 2-0, Roark allowed four straight singles to open the fourth with Mason William’s hit pulling the Reds within 2-1. Roark then retired Tucker Barnhart on a pop to short, struck out Brandon Dixon and got Castillo on a fly to right.“It’s easy to get in your own head in that spot Ted Williams Jersey ,” Roark said. “You’ve just got to continue to grind and make your pitches and not give in.”In his last three outings, Roark has allowed two earned runs in 22 innings (0.82 ERA) with 20 strikeouts and a walk after going more than a month-and-a-half without a win.“He’s definitely got confidence right now,” Martinez said. “For him, doing what he’s doing right now, we need that.”Bryce Harper had two hits including an RBI double and is batting .367 since the All-Star break.Kelvin Herrera worked the ninth for his third Washington save.There was no carryover from Saturday night’s game — in which Harper and Joey Votto were hit by pitches — until the seventh when Michael Lorenzen’s fastball sailed behind Washington’s Adam Eaton with two outs and Eaton glared at the mound.Harper started in center Sunday while Votto did not start but was called out on strikes as a pinch hitter to end the game.Cincinnati’s Luis Castillo (6-9) allowed two runs on six hits in 5 1/3 innings.The Braves managed just one hit against Roark after the fourth.“He’s not blowing you away the way Scherzer can,” Reds manager Jim Riggleman said, “but he’s just a guy who knows what he’s doing out there and keeps mixing it up and had us off balance quite a bit during the day.Wieters made it 1-0 in the second inning when he sent a 2-0 Castillo fastball into the second deck in right and Harper’s third-inning double made it 2-0.VOTTO’S TAKEVotto, visibly angry after getting hit by Ryan Madson Jim Rice Jersey , didn’t speak with reporters following Saturday’s game. Asked Sunday morning if Madson’s pitch that hit him was intentional, he responded: “I have no idea. My reaction kind of falls in line with that. I reacted. I had no idea at the time when I reacted, and I still don’t, now.”TRAINER’S ROOMReds: Riggleman said Votto’s absence Sunday was not due to getting hit. “Just basically normal aches and pains,” he said. “It’s deep into the season and three games in two days, day game after night game, just kind of at the point today, this would be a day off.” Votto demurred: “I want to play every day. I’d like to play every inning of every game all year long.”Nationals: SS Trea Turner (0 for 9 in Saturday’s doubleheader) was not in in the starting lineup for just the fourth time this season. He was intentionally walked as a pinch hitter in the eighth.UP NEXTReds: RHP Homer Bailey (1-8 http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-nomar-garciaparra-jersey , 5.87) pitches the opener of the three-game series against the Mets Monday in New York. He’s 1-5 with a 7.22 ERA in seven starts versus New York.Nationals: RHP Jefry Rodriguez (0-1, 6.86) and RHP Max Scherzer (15-5, 2.33) will pitch in a day-night double-header that opens a four-game series against the visiting Braves. Cole Hamels hasn't been a member of the Chicago Cubs for long, but he knows what to say to get their fans on his side.Hamels participated in his first game between the Cubs and Milwaukee Brewers at Milwaukee's Miller Park on Monday and was quick to notice how many Chicago fans always pack the stands during the games."When you have a majority Cubs fans in the stands, I don't know if that's a rivalry yet," he said, per Tony Andracki of NBC Sports Chicago. "I've been in rivalries. They're not gonna like me for the comment, but you can look at the ticket sales."Hamels wasn't wrong about the sheer number of Cubs fans in attendance Monday Christian Vazquez Jersey , either. When Anthony Rizzo hit a go-ahead two-run homer in the top of the eighth inning against relief pitcher JoshHader, it sounded like Wrigley Field with the amount of celebration happening in the crowd.The southpaw started the game that Milwaukee ultimately won 4-3 and allowed two runs and five hits in six innings of work. Chicago was in position to win, but the bullpen combination of Carl Edwards Jr., SteveCishekand Jesse Chavez was unable to preserve the lead in the final two frames.Cubs fans invading opposing teams' parks is nothing new, especially in the National League Central, but Milwaukee is particularly vulnerable since Chicago is typically less than a two-hour drive from the city. Chants of "Let's goCubbies" could be heard throughout the game, as they so often are when the Cubs are on the road as a popular and recently successful team with a national fanbase.Hamels is a veteran who has pitched for the Philadelphia Phillies and Texas Rangers and has a World Series MVP on his resume. He has been in the league since 2006 and pitched on the biggest stage the game has to offer, so his opinion on what constitutes a rivalry holds some weight.Chicago may have had plenty of fans in attendance http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-fred-lynn-jersey , but Milwaukee still earned the win and moved within four games of the division lead. The Cubs hold a 9-5 advantage in 14 head-to-head games this year, but the Brewers have five contests remaining against the division leaders before the end of the season.If they take advantage of those games and come from behind to win the division, Hamels and the rest of the Cubs may finally recognize them as worthy rivals.

Новая темаКомментировать Страница 1 из 1   [ 1 сообщение ]